Tuesday, September 19, 2006

What am I doing at SETT?

Andrew suggested we should post what we are going to do at SETT... so here goes.

Wednesday
09:30 - Creating Communities Co-presenting this with Ewan McIntosh.
10:45 - Back to Jordanhill for lecture and tutorial
14:15 - Gutted that I'm missing David Weinberger's keynote! Tempted to watch it on video stream with students instead of doing tutorial. :-)
15:30 - Crowne Plaza Hotel to set up for TeachMeet.
16:00 - TeachMeet06
19:00 - The Goat for Grub and Gossip and wi-fi (couldn't think of another "G").

Thursday
10:00 - Hoping to gatecrash Infants Can Communicate!
12:45 - Blog or not to Blog?
14:45 - The Powerful Effects of Teaching Thinking Explicitly as a Skill

At all other times I will be wandering around the exhibition, stealing pens and other freebies from the exhibitors, and having tea and buns with anyone that is willing to stop and chat with me.


Technorati Tags: , , ,

Powered by performancing firefox

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The keynote speeches will be streamed 'live'. Also - should be available as video files as soon as is practical via www.scottishlearningfestival.org.uk
Hope this helps.

Developer said...

Does anyone know where to go to see the keynotes streamed. I saw David Weinberger keynote NECC a couple of years ago and I thought he "rocked" ;-)

Would love to peek in tomorrow!

David Warlick
david@landmark-project.com

David said...

Thanks Jeremy

My class should finish about 2:00 so although I don't have time to get back to the SECC, I hope to be able to watch the streamed video.

Hello David

There's no obvious link on the site just now, but hopefully it will become obvious where to go tomorrow when they start streaming stuff.

David said...

Scunner! Just got back and thought I'd be able to catch a bit of David Weinberger's keynote in my office but it was not to be! A notice on the SETT page says, "Unfortunately this afternoon's keynote will not be available 'live', but will be available as soon as possible after the event." Scunner! :-(

Anonymous said...

We were having trouble with a very intermmitent feed - so turned it off!
Will try to provide better service tomorrow, and there will be a selection of keynotes and other seminars both in video and audio formats in the near future.

Anonymous said...

Hi David, I sat through Mr Peacock's speech to hear David Weinberger’s address. I've been a "fan" of his work since I read "Small Pieces Loosely Joined" 4 years ago. He introduced his current ideas that will be the basis of his next book, due for publishing 07. He made many insightful, humorous and intelligent remarks. He also managed to convince me that blogging is a worthwhile pursuit (I was very much in the "can't see the purpose" camp) although on occasions I still return there after seeing some of the dross people post.

Anonymous said...

How about geddy for the third G?
(In case you hadn't guessed, I've just found/subscribed to your blog... hence the sudden and late posts!)