Saturday, February 27, 2010

Fun on Friday #61: Windows 7

Those who know how much I love my MacBook might be surprised by the title of this post. They may be even more surprised when I say this post features an advert for Windows 7.

Before I go any further though, just to put your mind at rest, I should say that I absolutely hate the current crop of Windows adverts. The "I'm a PC and Windows 7 was my idea." tag line really gets up my nose. To me, it comes across as both smug and naff.

That's why I was pleased to see that a group called College Humor have produced a spoof of the Windows advert. (Note: It includes a slightly risqué bit.):

I saw this on the Mashable site (Windows 7 Commercial Gets the Perfect Parody) where they also embed the original advert.

{In the interest of balance, I don't like the "I'm a Mac. I'm a PC" adverts either. It seems to me that the PC has all the funniest lines which makes me want to buy a PC - I guess that wasn't the intended effect!}

What is your least favourite advert at the moment? What advert would you like to see spoofed?

No comments: