It amused me. Strictly speaking, it is not a Google trick. I guess the creators of the page use a Google bomb technique to make sure they are at the top of the results list but it made me start looking for Google Easter eggs. It turns out there are loads of them. Here are some of my favourites:
- I've already posted here on the search: answer to life the universe and everything but it bears repeating.
- This is a bit obscure unless you follow the Simon Mayo and Mark Kermode firm review programme or podcast. If you search for Jason Isaacs, immediately above the search results, it says, "Hello to Jason Isaacs".
- You may have heard of the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon game. Search for the Bacon number of an actor and Google will work out links for you. A search for bacon number Jason Issacs reveals he has a bacon number of 2:
• Jason Isaacs and Charlize Theron appeared in Sweet November.
• Charlize Theron and Kevin Bacon appeared in Trapped.
It is extraordinarily difficult to find someone who isn't a 2! And how's this for synchronicity: as I was typing up this post, what comes on the TV but an advert for a phone company:
- And finally, one for the geeks. Search for binary and the number of results found is displayed in binary.