Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Big Brother is watching you

Big Brother is watching youI was at a Departmental Meeting today and as usual we were being encouraged to be more serious about our research. The chap leading the session said that it might be useful to have a case study of how someone goes from initial idea to publication. He described the process of capturing the case study as "Like Big Brother for Academics". I immediately thought of blogs as being a good way to capture the process and reflect on what is going on.

I know I'm not good at keeping this blog up to date, but I thought I'd have a go at recording some of my own struggles to finish off an MEd that I have (in theory) been working on for the last three or four years. I'll try to keep going with general Educational Computing posts too, but I'll aim to do more short MEd posts as I go along. The topic of my MEd is about using online tools to support student learning, so it is not totally off topic.

I could say more just now, but I want to start as I mean to go on and make this short and to the point. Lets see how long it takes me to lapse into old bad habits of long posts made at infrequent intervals!
Smiley

Tags: | |

No comments: