Thursday, March 24, 2005

Screencasts: A repeat... already?

I continue to be interested in the educational possibilities of screencasts and screencasting. Once again, Jon Udell has got me thinking.

First of all, I came across his screencast on del.icio.us. I've been trying to explain to students how these public bookmark sites work and the advantages of social tagging. Jon's screencast does it in a very clear and easy to grasp way. Just what I've been looking for.

Even better though, I came across an article, Fast-forward learning with screencasting, by Jon where he describes how even he was surprised at useful screencasts could be. I don't know how many times I wanted to be able to re-wind a maths' lecturer to see the bit that was obvious to them, but that I needed some time to wrestle with before I could get it. As Jon describes it, what I needed was a screencast!

Tags: | | | |

No comments: