Monday, December 01, 2008

More from the creative BEds

I have already posted a couple of the podcasts our BEd Computers, Creativity and Education class produced. I thought I would post some video this time.

We had already spent some time over the proceeding weeks looking at the whys and wherefores of digital creativity, so I cut the introduction to the bone and went, more or less straight away, into a demonstration of I Can Animate. (A stunningly useful piece of software!) But I also did a "here's one I prepared earlier" with videos from schools, previous years' students as well as some demonstration movies to give students a flavour of what the package can produce.

We then split them into groups of three or four and gave them just over an hour to create/assemble models and sets, to film a short section of animation and to import it into iMovie to add sound effects and music.

Here's the films that Amy Linzi and Donna (I think) produced:



So what do you think? Do you have any advice for the students? What are the best educational uses of animation you have seen?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On my probation year, the school I was working in used I can Animate to produce a number of animations on bullying... pupils created models and scripts and role played bullying situations and how to deal with them. They showed these to the whole school as a PSE/Health project.

Anonymous said...

I don't have the patience to do these myself, but love these animations using http://goanimate.com

http://goanimate.com/go/movie/0NnfTGpxHT5c