Friday, October 09, 2009

Fun On Friday #44: Make your own font

This is brilliant. Go to fontcapture, print out a font template, write in the boxes, scan, upload and Flo's your aunty. :-)

Here, revealed for the first time, is DavidFont - which I am ridiculously pleased with:

It then occurred to me that you didn't need to draw letter shapes. So here is MuirDoodle - half drawn by me and half by Daughter Number 3:

As you can see, we made some of them a bit too big and they got decapitated. but it was good fun coming up with doodles and I think we'll have another go tomorrow.

What fonts can you come up with? What about a music font or a hand drawn maths font, or map symbols or... Let me see what you come up with.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello David,
There are more uses for hand drawn fonts. Check out this (http://www.articulate.com/rapid-elearning/over-100-free-handwritten-fonts/) weblog item on the rapid e-learning blog!

David said...

Thanks for the link - brilliant resource and source of ideas. (And I thought I was being smart suggesting drawing doodles rather than letters!)

Unknown said...

Thank you and looking for more posts. I am really satisfied with this posting that you have given us. This is really a stupendous work done by you.
"distance education in mumbai university
distance engineering courses in mumbai
list of distance education universities

msc forensic science distance learning
msw in distance education"