Friday, April 27, 2012

Fun On Friday #144: Elegantly Wasted

Im still not sure what I make of this. It is slightly disturbing but strangely fascinating at the same time. Have a look at the 12LVE project and than come back here to tell me what you think.

Research has proven that we often take out our frustrations on the technology we feel has let us down:


While such outburst might feel cathartic at times, I can't help but feel that the 12LVE project has taken a much more creative approach: they are exhibiting photographs of a range of technology that has been hit with a sledgehammer, attacked with a handsaw, set on fire and (my favourite) run over by a train. At one level, seeing technology destroyed like this is unsettling, and yet I think the photographs are beautiful.

So what do you see? Wreckage and ruin or beauty and brilliance?

{Thanks to Gordon McKinlay for drawing this to my attention.}

No comments: