Saturday, April 24, 2010

Fun on Friday #68: Music and Animation

If I don't get my act together soon, I'll need to change the name of the blog to FunCompBlog.

Animation had featured a few times in this blog (e.g. Fun on Friday #57: Who's in charge here?, The BEds Get Animated and Fun on Friday #27: SAM Animation) as has music (e.g. Fun on Friday #58: Lip Dub and British Sign Language).

Today's Fun On Friday (brought to you as is becoming traditional on Saturday) brings animation and music videos together in 10 Best LEGO Music Videos on YouTube.

My favourite is the OK Go video:



Perhaps I like it best because I am familiar with the original (see Why weren't my PE lessons like this?) but I think it is particularly well done. My only problem is that it finishes after one minute.

What's your favourite? Do you know of any others? Are you inspired to try something like this with a class?

5 comments:

Christine McIntosh said...

I laughed myself silly at your original posting - so yes, this is great. It must take hours - no? What is new for me this time is that I've taken up going to the gym: do you think I could try this there? :-)

David said...

Hello Chris

Glad you enjoyed it.

Stop motion animation is extremely time consuming. The chap who did the Michael Jackson one said his five minute video took him "About 2 1/2 weeks, 4 or 5 hours a day."

And I see no reason why you couldn't do the OK Go routine in your gym. When you do... make sure you video it!

Aileen said...

OK Go one definitely the best (as you say, the original was so brill). Beatles on TV good too though. Joe and I had a good laugh (when he was supposed to be doing homework).

David said...

Glad you enjoyed... although I'm sorry I put Joe off his studies.

Unknown said...

I have been reading your posts regularly. I need to say that you are doing a fantastic job. Please keep up the great work.
"tqm courses in india
master total quality management
distance education for mba
ma sociology distance education
industrial safety management course"